As Third Sector Interface for the Falkirk Council area, CVS Falkirk and District is a local, independent charitable company which exists to promote, develop and represent the third sector and volunteering. We provide a range of services predominantly to volunteers and third sector organisations, but also provide support and assistance to statutory partners to engage better with the third sector.
We develop the third sector (community groups, voluntary organisation, charities and social enterprises) by:
• providing information, training and assistance on starting new groups and developing existing groups
• providing support for finding and securing funding and contracts
• disseminating information relevant to the sector
• maintaining a comprehensive database on third sector organisations
• developing partnerships and networks
• representing the sector and/or the interests of the sector
• providing practical support services for the sector
• promoting good practice in the sector.
We develop volunteering by:
• promoting volunteering locally and nationally
• providing help to organisations seeking and engaging volunteers
• offering training to organisations on volunteer management
• promoting and supporting youth volunteering including MV Awards and Saltire Awards
• providing help and assistance with all aspects related to volunteering
• providing information on local and national volunteering opportunities to members of the public
• offering assistance and training to people to enable them to volunteer
• promoting good practice in volunteering.