Aberdeen Council of Voluntary Organisations (ACVO) is the Third Sector Interface for Aberdeen City.
ACVO exists to develop, involve, represent and support the voluntary, charity and social enterprise organisations in Aberdeen.
How does ACVO do this?
- It supports Forums such as the Aberdeen Civic Forum, Volunteer Co-ordinators, CYP- Children & Young Persons Forum, NESEN – Equalities Network, ASEN –Social Enterprise Network, CASPA – Care & Support Providers Aberdeen so their views can be represented at Community Planning meetings across the city.
- It runs the Volunteering Centre which enables people to volunteer by keeping a record of all available volunteering placements and facilitating the Scottish Government’s Saltire Award scheme.
- It provides business planning support and funding advice for the third sector.
- It actively promotes partnership working and identifies synergies throughout the city in a variety of projects.
- It produces regular publications about the Third/Voluntary sector to keep people informed such as the ACVO Bulletin, the Alcohol and Drugs Partnership Update and the Children and Young People’s Update.
- It maintains a local database of the Third Sector in Aberdeen called MILO.
- ACVO also runs a commercial arm which offers services such as a book-keeping and finance service tailored to the needs of the third sector and a website design service.
Aberdeen Council of Voluntary Organisations (ACVO)
Address: 38 Castle Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5YU
Tel: 01224 686058