We are a network – Voluntary Action Scotland is the network of local Third Sector Interface (TSI) organisations.
As the network organisation, VAS:
- Brings together TSI organisations to deliberate, decide and plan together to strengthen the voice and impact of the local third sector; and
- Works on behalf of TSI organisations to increase their reach and amplify their voice at national level.
Our membership is limited to those organisations who are TSIs locally.
How Voluntary Action Scotland Works
Voluntary Action Scotland is a membership organisation and each Third Sector Interface in the network can be a member of the organisation – all 32 Interfaces are members.
The TSI Network elects a board of Trustees who lead the governance of Voluntary Action Scotland and who oversee the strategy and delivery of the work of the organisation. We also have independent trustees from across Scottish society.
Our Trustees are:
- Derek Marshall – Convenor (Dundee)
- Ella Simpson – Deputy (Edinburgh)
- Janis Macdonald – Treasurer (Glasgow)
- Ian Bruce (Inverclyde)
- Cath Denholm (Independent)
- Joyce Duncan (Aberdeen)
- Helen Keron (Dumfries & Galloway)
- Colin MacFarlane (North Lanarkshire)
- Fabio Villani (Moray)
You can contact our trustees via our office – our contact details are here.
Our Annual General Meeting
We hold our Annual General Meeting (AGM) in October each year. At the AGM our membership have the ability to propose changes to how Voluntary Action Scotland is constituted and elections for new member trustees also take place at our AGM.
- We are registered as a Scottish Charity (SC042793)
- We are registered as a Limited Company (SC361901)
Awards & Accreditations
We strive to make Voluntary Action Scotland a rewarding and fulfilling place to work and want to provide our members and stakeholders with a high level of service. We are delighted to have been awarded the following accreditations:
VAS were delighted to be awarded the European Framework for Quality Management’s (EFQM) ‘Committed to Excellence’ status in 2017. We use this approach across our organisation’s strategy and operations.
VAS is a Living Wage Employer and is recognised as such by the Living Wage Foundation.